Sunday, November 7, 2010

MAPP Class: Sessions 4-6

MAPP CLASS
We had quite the busy week with our classes last week!  We are over half-way done with our classes and only have four left! It's crazy how quick this is going so far! Thursday was our 4th session which focused on attachments.  It was a really great class, but turned out to be a lot more emotional than we had anticipated.  Through this class we participated in what was called a "visual imagery" which gave us an extremely small glimpse into what a foster child goes through when being taken away from their home.  Once again, we have learned a wealth of information on foster care and adoption and what these children go through.  My heart left once again, broken and heavy-burdened for this great need.  But as I reflect back, I can see God changing and molding my heart in many different ways.  Saturday was a combined class, session 5 and 6, and both sessions focused on parenting styles and discipline.  I must say, I came out learning A LOT!!  And plan on implementing a lot of what we learned even now with Emilee.  There are many things which were brought up that I had never really thought about before.  It was a very interesting class and both Justin and myself really enjoyed it. 

ORPHAN SUNDAY
We had a small opportunity to share about adoption at our church today.  Justin and our pastor do our children sermons in the morning service and today was Justin's turn which happened to also be "Orphan Sunday."  We brought our scrapbook (what we have done) and showed the kids when they came down front and talked about what it means to be adopted and how God adopted us.  Justin also found a really powerful video about Orphan Sunday to show to the children and our adults.  It was a very special time to share with our congregation and the children about how God has led our family to this awesome and exciting time in our lives.  Below is a picture of us sharing with the children in the morning service. 



SCRAPBOOK
The scrapbook is coming along.  I'm really hoping to have it done by the time the holidays hit so we'll see how that works out.  With coming to the end of a busy semester along with holiday activities I'm not sure if it will happen that way but I'll get it done soon.  I think I have about 8-10 pages left and it should be completed!  Can't wait to have it done!  It's really coming together nicely. 

Thank you all again for your continued prayers through this awesome process.  Your prayers are felt and God is continuing to work in our hearts and our lives.  We can't wait to meet the special little boy or girl that He has planned for us and  knows will be coming into our family soon.  We know that His timing is absolutely perfect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment